Friday, August 10, 2007

News from the North Shore

It's a cloudy morning on Oahu, and thus, we are hanging out in our beach house on the North Shore taking advantage of the high speed wireless. I was wrong about Hawaii. It is still breathtaking after Costa Rica. And we are having a fantastic time here. There is something about vacationing with family that is so comfortable. For example, all of us are still in our pj's. Very nice. I am, however, experiencing a few struggles. Flushing toilet paper down the toilet is difficult. And I have a tendency to respond to people in Spanish at random times. It's like...a reverse language barrier. Kind of.

We spent the day on Wednesday at the Poylynesian Cultural Center. I haven't been there since I was seven, and I loved it. We had a great time, ate tons of good food, and tried our best to not sleep through the night show. Not that it wasn't extremely exciting...we were just extremely jet lagged. We all got some leis and snapped some shots at sunset. I think we are rather good looking. :)

Thursday we spent the day snorkeling, which was amazing. About half the family saw a sea turtle. Unfortunatley I wasn't part of that half. But it was a ton of fun, and I did see plenty of tropical fish. And also got plenty sunburned. Later we headed to Waimea and jumped off a big rock into the ocean. Actually, I guarded the stuff while everyone else jumped off the rock. Turns out I have a hidden fear of jumping off rocks. And there was a crowd, so I didn't feel like standing there talking myself into actually jumping for 30 minutes. Maybe next time.

Last night's adventure was going to buy fresh (I mean, they were swimming around that morning fresh) shrimp. Maria and Shane took initiative and made us a feast of coconut shrimp...mmmmm...I could live off of those. If they have to float me back the mainland because I don't fit on the plane, I hope you'll all still be my friends.

1 comment:

stephanielynn said...

I love your fam! I'm having flashbacks to my trip to Hawaii in May. We spent almost all of our time on the North Shore and LOVED it. Glad you all had fun!