I left a to do list on the fridge for Jon before I left on my trip to Utah. Knowing that he is a dutiful perfectionist, I was reasonably sure that he would complete it before I came back, so I sneakily hid "BLOG" among the more practical items on the list. Sure enough, it worked. :)
The visit to Provo was great. I now feel like a bona fide aunt, having held, changed and even burped baby (aka Brooklyn). She is the most precious thing I have ever seen! When baby left for Japan, though, I booked it back to Baltimore to see my to-do-list-completing husband.
We had a great Fourth of July weekend, including watching fireworks shoot off over the Washington Monument and listening to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra perform to more fireworks on the 5th. It's been great to be home.
And now, on to graver matters. I have continued, and accelerated my job search. I mentioned an upcoming interview in a previous post. It went well, but while there, I learned that the position was not quite what I had expected, so when they offered me the job a few days later, I was more than hesitant. However, the offer made me think more seriously about applying to the public schools. I was a little worried about that, because, this late in the game (school starts next month) I figured all the positions would be filled. Boy was I wrong. I applied to Baltimore County School District, but it feels more like the schools are applying to me. My week was pretty much instantly filled with interviews, and the calls are still coming. The interviews I have been to so far felt like the schools were selling themselves to me (to be fair, they did ask a good number of traditional interview questions first), and have all ended with them asking me to please keep them in mind, and telling me that they don't think I'll find a better school than theirs. So, this has been an interesting week. And it's only Tuesday.
I am excited to learn more about the school district, and I am a little nervous about figuring out which is the best place for me, but I am quite confident that I will end up with a job one way or another.
1 comment:
Yeah... it sure seems like public school teachers are needed!!! I had a similar experience when applying to teach in Utah, but all of the schools also gave me a quick deadline. (Like... tell me whether you accept it NOW... or you know... by noon tomorrow!) I'm amazed at how much schools seem to need teachers!
Post a Comment