Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Classics.

I have been meaning to write a post about food storage, but I have been too tired/lazy to upload the pictures from our camera, so maybe I'll do that later, and for now, I will post something else I have been thinking about for awhile. My movie collection. Which is seriously lacking. In fact, I think I personally own about 2 or 3 movies and the rest I inherited when I married Jon. Most of his are of the action genre, which isn't particularly bad, but is not particularly good either. We really need to build up our collection of classics. The kind of thing we can raise our kids on. Wholesome, entertaining, and uplifting. So I made a wish list, just so I don't forget, and I will post it here, in no particular order.

Singing In the Rain
Anne of Green Gables
Anne of Avonlea
Meet Me in St. Louis
The Music Man
Christy
While You Were Sleeping
The Sound of Music
Pride and Prejudice (long version)
Little Women
Mulan
The Lion King
Aladin
The Little Mermaid
Cinderella
Beauty and the Beast
Peter Pan
Robin Hood
Newsies


I would also appreciate any suggestions. After reading this list you should have some kind of idea what type of movie I am talking about, so please, use the comment button to share your favorites!

6 comments:

Jon said...

Terminator 1, 2 and 3

the mapmaker's wife said...

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
What's Up Doc?
Mary Poppins
Lord of the Rings
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
You Can't Take it With You
Meet John Doe
It's a Wonderful Life
(and any other typical Frank Capra)
Much Ado About Nothing

And then I would have...
Charade
North by Northwest
West Side Story
Father Goose
Walk Don't Run
His Girl Friday
Ball of Fire
Psycho
Strangers on a Train

I also enjoy... although they are a bit less classic:
The Sixth Sense
Walk the Line
Million Dollar Baby
Spanglish
Signs
Win a Date with Tad Hamilton
She's the Man

So... that's the top of my head list. :)

the mapmaker's wife said...

I thought of some more...

The Parent Trap
Darn that Cat
(both with Hailey Mills)
The Love Bug
and The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
(Don Knotts)

Also possibly the Cat from Outer Space... but that should run on the Disney Channel at random intervals that you may not wish to invest in a VHS of it, as I am sure that is the only format it is available in.

Additionally -
Joe Versus the Volcano (but that may be just a my family thing... not sure)
and Mixed Nuts (for Christmas)

Speaking of Christmas...
Muppet Christmas Carol
(probably The Muppet Movie too... one of my favorites)
The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
A Charlie Brown Christmas
and I already said It's a Wonderful Life

For Thanksgiving a recorded from TV (so the swears are bleeped) version of Planes, Trains & Automobiles

For Halloween (A Disney Channel original)... Underwraps... for some reason I love that film

Crystal said...

A few that I love are

Philidelphia Story
Arsenic and Old Lace
The Scarlett Pimpernel
Harvey
The Princess Bride
Second Hand Lions

Vagabond Mother said...

Well, would it be wholesome to download these movies off the internet?

Glad you found me!!!

As for that food storage post, I think my family could eat some food storage right about now. Sweet!

Mimi Collett said...

Those are great movies! One of my favorite memories of your house is watching Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. I got to relive those wonderful movies yesterday, when they had a marathon on PBS/kbyu. Sigh. It was wonderful. :)