Friday, December 19, 2008

Countdown...

Jon and I have definitely been counting down this season. But maybe not so much to Christmas day as to, well, today. Right after work we're headed to the airport to fly to Utah, and we are SO excited to spend time with family and friends (and not to go back to work for two weeks). Here is a list of some of the exciting events that await us...
1. Attending the temple with family as Diana goes through for the first time.
2. Diana's bridal shower (I'm looking forward to this. Jon is looking forward to relaxing while I'm there.)
3. Snowboarding. (Jon is especially looking forward to this. I am looking forward to hanging out with the girls. Skiing/snowboarding is frowned upon during pregnancy. :( )
4. Seeing Crystal and Steven and Brent for the one day we will be in Utah at the same time.
5. Hanging out with Kirsti.
6. Hugging and kissing Brooklyn. I can't believe she is already six months old!
7. Celebrating my dad's 50th birthday! He's a good man!
8. Eating at Zupas, Kneaders, El Azteca, etc.
9. Seeing cousins and extended family.
10. Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with the ENTIRE Haynie family!
11. Diana and Jonny's wedding!
12. Flying to Austin, TX to see Jon's family.
13. Cycling.
14. Celebrating New Years with the whole Leininger fam!
15. Eating Dad Doug's cookies...mmmmm...

I could go on, but I don't want to make anyone jealous. ;) I just have to get through work today, and we're off! With the snow coming down hard in SLC, though, we are hoping we in deed make it there sometime tonight. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Hurray!! It's today!

Amy Rose said...

That sounds like a great way to spend Christmas and New Years! I am jealous... tell the Haynie clan that I say hi!

rantipoler said...

Sounds like you have some wonderfully fun plans! :)

kwistin said...

This list makes me happy...maybe because I can relate to your excitement for some of those plans.

[she's married! (!!!!!!) ]

I'm glad you got here safely! I hope you make it back safely too. :)