Sunday, June 7, 2009

Loving Olivia

My dad left Baltimore yesterday to go back to Utah and hold down the fort, so the responsibility of blogging is back to me. If you have missed his posts on her first four days of life, click here. He made me promise that I would post pictures, so it looks like the rest of you get to benefit as well. :)

Here are a few of our favorites that we have taken since her birth...


Olivia in the hospital the day we came home.


In her bassinet in the hospital. I loved that I could see her. Every time I would wake up in the night, I would look over at her sleeping and think, "I can't believe that's my baby!"

Little precious all wrapped up.


Leaving the hospital.


Olivia's first bath. She loved it!



In her hoodie towel after her bath. So sweet!


I was afraid to clip her finger nails for fear of cutting her fingers, so I opted to file them. It was her first manicure!


All wrapped up burrito style. I think she looks like a Russian grandmother. :)


Ready for church today. Our little flower.


Close up. I love how the flower on her head is as big as her face. She didn't seem to mind at all.


Sunday afternoon nap with daddy.




Hanging out on the balcony.


More napping.


Our tiny wonder.

15 comments:

Maria said...

So so so cute! We want to hold her!

Kami said...

She is the most beautiful baby! Well done, you did it!! I cried when I saw all the pics!! Keep up the good work on posting pics of the fam!!

Rogers Roundup said...

Congratulations Jon and Sarah! She is beautiful. I can't wait to meet her at a Leininger Reunion someday.

stephanielynn said...

I'm glad you directed me to your dad's blog because I hadn't been checking back! She's super adorable and I wish I could come meet her!

Tommy Leininger said...

WOW!! I just found out! Congrats! Jon even looks like he's not half bad at being a dad!

Jon and Diana said...

okay that flower dress is so adorable on her. I can't believe you went to church her first Sunday. You are amazing!

Dan and Merideth said...

She is so beautiful! And I LOVE her Sunday dress!!!

Vagabond Mother said...

Sarah, I met your sister Maria in our ward today! She actually lives down the street from us, I was so excited. She came right up to me and remembered me from visiting you as a freshman a million years ago- crazy!

Anyways, she is just as classy as you and it was really cool to already "know" someone.

I know you aren't getting much sleep now, but that baby is gorgeous! She makes me baby hungry, and that means a lot coming from me. Congratulations again!

Courtney Haynie Smith said...

Oh she is beautiful!

Joe Haynie said...

Thank you for allowing me to continue my daily "Livi-fix" even after reluctantly flying away and leaving her. She's still precious! That Sunday dress is a amazing--that flower garish. Keep the photos coming.

Amy Rose said...

She is so sweet! I love that beautiful dress. And I think she looks like a little Russian grandmama too.

peterfam said...

She is so adorable! She has more hair than Caeli does at 6 months! Cant wait to see her!

Mi mundito said...

She has the most precious cheeks. I just love them. :) Congratulations.

Megan said...

I just looked at this post for the second time, and I just can't believe how cute she is. Well, I can, considering her parents ;). I'm so excited to meet her next month!

liz said...

more pictures. please.