So here's the scenario...I'm teaching a night class at the local community college, and right as I'm starting class (it's the first day), this old guy says "can I ask you a personal question?" I'm a pretty open person, so I say, "sure", and he asks, "Are you going to make it through this course?" (Obviously looking at my growing belly.) I explain that, yes, I am quite sure I will make it through the course, but should anything happen that would make it so I couldn't, a substitute would finish the class.
A few minutes later, it turns out that the guy was actually signed up for an Italian class, and has been directed to the wrong room. As he gets up to leave, he grumbles, "Well good. Maybe my next instructor won't have a maternity problem." A what? I should probably be offended, but I started laughing. Wow.
5 comments:
Oy! What a way to start off a new class.
So so so hilarious! I'm glad you weren't offended. Good luck with your class!
I think most people should mind their own business. Period!
I agree with rantipoler, but that said...If you plan to keep teaching and keep having babies, get used to it. (Says the voice of "I've been there twice") :-) It probably won't be the last time.
Post a Comment