Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Bugs!

We enjoyed lots of fun Halloween Festivities this year! I LOVE Halloween, and it was so fun to see Olivia enjoy it too. On Thursday we attended a playgroup Halloween party, hosted by my friend Regina. It was lots of fun to get the kiddos together all dressed up. Then on Saturday, we went to The Avenue (a local set of nice shops and restaurants) for trick-or-treating. It was packed, but Olivia caught on right away that they were giving out treats!



Saturday evening was the ward Trunk-or-Treat, which was tons of fun! The unborn and unnamed baby donned her very first Halloween costume! Since Olivia was a ladybug, we went with the bug theme this year. Baby was a little caterpillar, in her cocoon, of course!
The whole family at the trunk-or-treat!
Inside now, not so washed out. I was a butterfly, and Jon was a spider if you can't tell. I was mistaken for a pregnant fairy, and he was mistaken for a "night stalker", so maybe our costumes needed a little work...oh well. ;)
I don't have any pictures, but Sunday evening, I made "dinner in a pumpkin" and we had a few friends over to share our meal and family home evening. We were only interrupted by a couple hundred trick-or-treaters! :) We had a great time, and it was a bang of a way to end the fantastic month of October!

Bring it on, November! Christmas shopping, I'm all over you!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Your costumes look SO cute! I love them!

Brintons said...

You're so creative! I love the costumes.

Megan said...

I have to say I think it's awesome that you dressed up your yet-to-be-born little girl. That's so cute!!

Jen Holtkamp said...

great costumes! we miss you guys! -jen