This little munchkin fell asleep during dinner the other day. I think she's getting tired of watching the rest of us eat. Time to start rice cereal, perhaps?
In other news, Jon and I are not eating sugar for the month of May. It's been a bit easier than I thought it would be thanks to loads of fruit, but the side effects have been astonishing! Not only do Jon and I feel great and have lots of energy, but Olivia (who still eats the occasional grahm cracker, but by association eats MUCH less sugar than before) seems to have emerged from her premature case of the terrible twos, and has been an absolute delight! I admit that I always thought that people who didn't let their kids eat any sugar were demonstrating nazi tendencies, but I have been humbled to discover that they just might be on to something. I am now very interested in researching the effect of sugar on children, and I think this change might become a semi-permanent one. Thoughts?
The cooking, crafting and mothering adventures of a former world traveler.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Munchkin off Sugar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wait a minute. No sugar means no CHOCOLATE! I though chocolate was supposed to be the reason for living. How could going without it be good?
I say Kudos! Sugar is bad stuff! And maybe if you guys make it permanent, I'll be able to convince myself to do it too. I'm always amazed when I'm off sugar, not only at how much better I feel physically but emotionally too.
SUGAR..My little Jacob, who two years old begs for candy ALL the time...even in the middle of the night. His tantrums have become outrageous and to the point where taking him out in public is a daring task. I've recently noticed a much sweeter boy, with very few tantrums since the "no candy act of last week" happened in my house. Then..Jon gave in and the tantrums returned. I'm going to research this because I think it is a serious thing.
Post a Comment