Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finger Print Cherry Blossoms

In our own feeble way to attempt to express gratitude and appreciation to the girls' two amazing grandmas (and Jon & my amazing mothers)  the girls and I embarked on a little craft.  

It was such a fun project to do together, and the girls loved it (especially getting messy)!  We started with a tile and some pink craft paint, and I dipped the girls' fingers in the paint and put fingerprints all over the top half of a tile.  While we were at it, we did some pink hand prints for the cards.  They thought it was SO fun to stick their hands in paint, and did a few extra finger paintings while we were at it.  

Once they were cleaned up and napping (!)  I finished up the project.  For the card, I just painted on stems and leaves to make the hand prints into flowers, and then painted a tree trunk with branches on the tiles.  A more artistic person could make this absolutely gorgeous, but I thought it was still cute with my rudimentary art skills.  It had a cherry blossom look, and I added a little tag reading "Dear Mother, all flowers remind me of you" (from one of my favorite primary songs).  I used mod podge on the tag, and then sealed the entire tile with matte clear spray paint.  

The girls were so proud, and the grandmas got to have some little finger prints that aren't on the windows!

1 comment:

the mapmaker's wife said...

That's way cute, Sarah! :)