
Today is Jon's birthday, and since we are far from family this year, I thought I would post my "presents" on the blog, so here are some things I love about my husband...
Jon is selfless. He is always looking to serve me, and sacrifices a lot to make sure I am happy and comfortable. I really admire that.
Jon is kind. He doesn't say bad things about others, and he is a friend to all. He works hard to overcome differences or prejudices.
Jon is happy. He is pretty much always in a good mood. I love that!
Jon is diligent. He works so hard at work, and when he sets goals, he achieves them. I witness this as he wakes up at 6am to go running three times a week (while I usually roll over in bed).
Jon is grateful. He always shows his appreciation for things that I do...even the little ones. It makes me feel really loved.
Jon is smart. He knows a lot, and knows how to figure out the things he doesn't. He has a natural curiosity that leads him to learn more all the time.
Jon is full of faith. I see him demonstrate that faith in his calling, as he is always saying "yes", even when it is not convenient.
Jon is handsome! How did I get so lucky?
Jon is organized. He remembers to do the little things that I forget. Like pay the bills, for example. ;)
Jon is helpful. He does the dishes every night and always takes out the trash.
Jon is patient. He overlooks my shortcomings and is never critical. I need to be more like him.
I could go on and on, but I hope he knows that I love him so much, no matter what.
I LOVE YOU JON!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
8 comments:
Yay Sarah what a good idea! First of all happy birthday Jon! We really love you!! :) Now, about Jon, there are a lot of things about Jon that are just absolutely awesome (especially his excellent taste that he displayed in falling for my sister), but one thing that I personally really appreciate is Jon's kindness. I knew right away after meeting him that Sarah had found a catch, because not only was he kind to her, he was very aware of everyone else around him. He was often the first to ask me about my day, how I was doing, what plans I had, or just to tell me a joke to make me smile. It is apparent that Jon really cares about people and making them feel like they belong. He also is really easy going as was proven by the chaos that he endured during a road trip with us to California. I knew that if he could handle us on that trip he would be able to handle anything our family could throw at him. ;) Thanks Jon, I am SO glad that you are part of our family!
Great post Sarah, and a good idea so we can all participate (even from afar).
I love Jon's sense of humor and his ability to tease good-naturedly. He and I got along well from the very beginning because he "gets me" and my teasing nature.
I love how Jon treats my dear Sarah. They have formed their own private mutual-admiration-society which is the perfect way to start (and continue) a good marriage.
I appreciate how adaptable he is. When Sarah first brought him home we really tested human tolerance by being particularly odd. We were singing together (which isn't that weird), and then began a drum-fest with each of us on a percussive instrument. Rather than oggle us strangegly he picked up a shaker and joined right in. We didn't manage to scare him away and he kept coming back (for which we are grateful) and joining in our other odd family traditions (like putting ranch dressing on your tacos for instance).
I love Jon because he's good. That is a rare thing in the world today and I'm grateful that he found Sarah because she deserves a good guy.
Congratulations on another birthday Jon! Hope it's a happy one.
Thanks, Sarah, for setting this up on your blog. What a nice present to present to Jon. Now, from a mom's POV I have to say there are so many qualities that I admire about Jon that I would surely embarrass him. Suffice it to say that I love him very much and appreciate his thoughtfulness towards the entire family. The picture shown on the blog was taken four days before Lauren was born. That probably accounts for the pathetic bday cake that you can see in the foreground. Jon won't remember, but I was in pretty bad shape that week, and as you can see, he is all smiles despite our meager attempts at a bday party. Jon's positive attitude about life has always been contagious. Thanks for keeping us smiling!
No fair Sarah,
you hogged all the good stuff! Seriously though, I have to agree with you on all those good points. One of the first things I noticed about Jon was that he had so many good qualites, that he could easily be conceited. Instead, he seems friendly and accepting of everyone. On top of all of that he is alot of fun. Well we would love Jon no matter what but he makes is so easy. We are so glad he is part of the family and look forward to getting to know him better. with love Mom Linda
Happy Birthday Jon. Sounds like you're quite amazing & if Sarah loves you we love you too. Have a wonderful birthday! Love, Tom, Andrea & Danny
Sitting at LAX, awaiting my flight home to Austin, hopefully arriving before Ike starts tearing up Texas...I think of a contagious smile, often with a hint of mischievousness; I remember tireless efforts to excel in academics and sports, with an accompanying (and amazingly) positive attitude when the "going got tough;" I remember attempts at being a friend to someone in need; I humbly think of a testimony strongly grounded in the truthfulness of the Gospel; I am pleased that the weekly (or more often) cookie/brownie/congo bar tradition lives on; and I am delighted that he was smart and fortunate enough to "marry up" as did I. Happy Birthday, "JonBon!" I love you very much and am so proud of you.
-Dad
Happy B-day Jon! I don't know if means that much coming from your little brother(feels kind of weird saying "little" when I'm 3 inches taller than you). Well, Hope you enjoy the latter 20's of your life in Baltimore and you better come back next christmas!
Hey Tootmeister!
I hope you got my card! I really miss you and can't wait for thanksgiving- have a great bday weekend!
Love,
Lauren
Post a Comment