I am the second counselor in the Young Women's organization in our ward, which means weekly mutual activities. We frequently work on a skill that the girls would like to develop, and this particular week, we had chosen cooking. In keeping with the "warming only" rule in the chapel's kitchen, we had the young women over to our place for the endeavor. We decided on a simple stir fry, and let the girls do virtually all of the work.
9. Sarah Gets Her Hair Cut
I was getting SO sick of my long hair. It was to the scraggly point, and the humidity out here is very unforgiving. So I chopped it off. I neglected to take a before shot, but let's just say that I lost about 6 inches. I am a big fan of the new, short(er) hair.
8. Jon Pulls Solid "A" on Project Proposal
Jon has started grad school at Johns Hopkins in engineering, and so we're back to the homework thing. He spent hours and hours and hours in the office working on a project proposal for his class that dealt with an automatic hour logging system for big rig trucks. And that was only after the hours and hours and hours he spent deciding on a project, changing it, and deciding on another one. Lots of research and lots of hard work. It paid off though...he pulled a solid 97%.
I was very proud of my intelligent and diligent husband.7. Maryland Family Watches All Four Conference Sessions from Comfort of Own Home
Comcast does not carry any station that broadcasts general conference, but thanks to the Church's amazing new media player and Jon's tech savvy, we were able to hook up our laptop to our TV and watch conference from the couch.
It was wonderful. Not only the couch of course, but the inspiring messages. I just love general conference!!! The only thing that would have made it better would have been spending the Sunday afternoon session in Fairview with the fam. We missed you guys!6. Father Visits Prodigal Children
Having two sets of parents now that we are married is a little confusing. Therefore, for the purposes of this blog, our respective fathers shall henceforth be called Dad Doug (Jon's) and Papa Joe (mine). Dad Doug popped in for a quick visit on his way to visit Lauren at SVU for Parent's Weekend. He brought with him many gifts including lots of books that we have been wanting to read, yummy Texan bbq sauce, delicious Texan pecan candy, and a trip to dinner on him. He also brought us epic movie "The 10th Kingdom" which we spent the next week and a a half watching. It was great to see him, and we had a super fun time.
5. Couple Visits Aquarium, Attends Dolphin Show
We finally headed downtown to the National Aquarium, which just happens to be in Baltimore. It is right on the water and it was fantastic.
4. Cougar Fans Reunited with Football After Long Absence
Comcast also does not carry any station that broadcasts BYU football games (I think we need to switch cable companies) so it's been a long and dreary season for us as we hear about our friends enjoying the wonderful winning streak. We, like the rest of you, were disappointed last week, but hopeful that this week would bring better news. We were thrilled that our friends (and subscribers to Direct TV) Trevor and Sarah invited us over to watch the game with them today. We were even more thrilled with the exciting win! Go Cougs!
It's good to be back. Also, I'm pretty sure we saw Kirsti on TV. That was exciting.3. Baltimore Youth Takes Life-Changing Plunge
Our friend Kayla is the newest member of our Young Women group. Though she has been attending Sunday meetings and Wednesday activities for awhile now, she was baptized on Saturday October 18th.
2. Sarah Turns 27
I turned 27 on Thursday, the 23rd, and feel dangerously close to 30. You think it will never come, but then, there it is, just around the corner. That's okay though. I'll be a young 30 when that time comes. I have a pretty bad cold this week, and haven't been feeling too well, so instead of a night out, Jon brought home our favorite, PF Changs, and we celebrated at home.
1. Baltimore Couple to Celebrate First Anniversary With Bang
Yep. We're having a baby!!!!!! We are SO excited! I'm due May 24th, one day after our anniversary, so for all intents and purposes...ON our anniversary. What a way to celebrate! This ultrasound was taken at 6 weeks for dating purposes, and the little dot on the left is what was then an embryo, and is now a fetus, about an inch in length (roughly the size of a medium green olive according to the book).
20 comments:
Ahh!!! Congratulations, Sarah! That's so, so, so exciting!! Brandi says congrats too:)
Hooray hooray hooray hooray hooray!!! Sarah and Jon, we are SO excited for you! I'm super glad you are feeling better, too. Good luck with the next 7-8 months! Yay!
WAHOOOOOOO. I hadnt heard. Congrats that is so exciting.
Congrats! We are excited for you! Keep us posted!
Hi Sarah! I found your blog from your comments on your dad's blog. I love your new haircut, and I am so excited about your pregnancy! I am due on May 8. :) Isn't it wonderful? I am the most excited that I am finally in the second trimester, and I've heard that I will feel less sick now. It's funny, I've always thought I would want to eat everything in site when I'm pregnant, but I've lost weight and my appetite. :( However, I'm so excited to be a mom in May! :) Also, I think you would be an absolutely wonderful young women's leader! You were always such a great example to me in YW, and I know you still are.
SARAH Congratulations!!! I am so sorry to hear about your morning sickness- but I can totally relate. I threw up (almost) every day for 6 months with this pregnancy. Luckily, I haven't thrown up since Aug, (and Im due in 4 weeks.) I am going REMEMBER and ASK for ZOFRAN IFFFFFFF we ever have another kid! SO glad you found something to help!
We love the Baltimore Aquarium! Isnt it a great place? We need to take our kids back there. I know they would love it.
what good news!!!! congratulations!!!! i'm so excited for you...you will be an amazing mommy! yay:)
Congratulations, Sarah! I'm so excited for you. I'll have to remember that Zofran thing. :) Keep us posted on further developments!
Hey Sarah - I found your blog, and I'm so excited to hear how you are doing, I hope you don't mind! I'm so excited for you - for all of the fun things you have going on.
If you want to check out my blog, it's amyheatherose@blogspot.com
Congrats!
-Amy (Boling) Rose
This was a great blog entry, with wonderful news at the bottom. Whoop! Whoop! I'm glad you're feeling better, too.
You know you're missed out here, right?
What?! Preggers! That is so exciting! I am really happy for you Sarah! My sister in law went on that drug too and it saved her. But really, you should still enjoy being at least a little lazy over the next few months because then life will get crazy! Congrats :)
Amazing, I'm so excited for you. You WILL get through the pregnancy, and soon, but not soon enough be able to enjoy a cute little mini you-- or mini Jon. How great. Congrats!
P.S. What a good way to get your mom out to Mariland!
Wahoooooooo... you are going to be the most amazing mother! I am so excited for you both. Can't wait to see your little belly grow and then the little bambino!
Yea!!! Sarah and Jon that is so exciting! Congratulations and I just love reading your blog! You are fantastic! Love you!
AHHHH are you serious!!! that is SO exciting!!! Congratulations!! on everything! It sounds like you have been busy and that you are loving Baltimore! I am glad! We miss you here but congratulations!
Congratulations friend! I know how you feel with being pregnant and all. Good luck with it!
Congrats you guys! That is so exciting...it truly is a fun adventure (after the first trimester)!
What!?! I am SO excited for you guys! Horray for babies! Seriously, there is nothing better than being a parent! I didn't know I could love so completely until I held my Danny. Another thing that surprised me was that the bond between Tom & me was strengthened as well. We feel like a family now and I love it! Be prepared to be the happiest you've ever been! Congratulations!!! Oh, and congrats on all the other exciting news you posted...sounds like life is going great for you guys!!!
ZOMG!!!! Where have I been??? Congratulations Sarah and Jon! That is so awesome!
Post a Comment