Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Conversation of the Day

So, today I had to go to the hospital to get a rhogam injection since I am RH negative (my blood type is O-). When the nurse called me back to the room where she was going to do the injection, she began to explain the procedure. This was our conversation, from my ears' perspective.

Nurse: S-tha-njecshun-ll-go right-n-yr-ine.

Me: um. okay.

Nurse: You're with Doctor Rogers?


Me: Yes.


Nurse: Since this is blood-related, if you have any serious pain later this evening, go to
the emergency room. The chances of that happening are very rare.

Me: Okay.

long period of silence while Nurse prepares injection and paperwork

Me: Um, where does the injection go, again?


Nurse:
(enunciating clearly this time) In your hiney.


Well, why didn't you say so the first time?


P.S. As of today, I am 27 weeks. This is the last week of my second trimester and I'm not sure if I should be sad that the "best" trimester is almost over or glad that the pregnancy is getting closer to its end.

6 comments:

The Pollock Family said...

That is so funny!! The things you have to go through!!

Vanessa Swenson said...

eek. surely that's why she didn't speak clearly.

Jessica said...

Congrats Sarah! Hope you are feeling good. It does last a few more weeks into the 3rd trimester.. no worries as soon as you feel like total crap the baby is out.

Emily said...

I always heard 2nd trimester was best but I'd say 3rd trimester was great too, lots of energy. It's just within the last 3 weeks that i've really been uncomfortable sitting and sleeping. If I would've had the baby at 37 weeks I never really would've gotten to that point. I had the rhogam shot as well, i'm A-. I had no idea it went in the hiney either. I was ready to roll up my sleeve when the nurse said "it actually goes in your um, bottom area"

Mimi Collett said...

Sorry about the shot! But I'm glad there is a shot, so it doesn't hurt you/baby to have the blood difference. :) Welcome to the third trimester!

Ashley and Ben said...

I love your bump- you are so radiant- you're making me jealous, except for the shot : )