Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

We took advantage of having Jon home for the long weekend to work on the house. Friday was my last day of work, so long weekends no longer have meaning for me, besides having Jon around (which is actually really super great). So we spent Memorial day working, working, working on the house. My main job was to strip the wallpaper in the nursery. We had a steamer, which was very helpful, but mostly it is a super terrible job. (Never wallpaper your house...if not for your sake, for the sake of whoever will own the house after you.) Also, imagine a nine-month-and-one-day pregnant girl (who is her own personal sauna) scraping walls, basically in a sauna. I hope you are imagining sweat pouring down the girl's face. But we'll let the image end there...sorry, no pictures. Jon is our masking man, and my mom is the paint queen, though Jon and I took our turns there as well.

We took a break in the middle of the day to go to a Memorial Day picnic hosted my some friends in our ward. There are three of us girls in the ward who are pregnant. All of us are named Sarah. Here is a picture of our bellies. (They are both due in July, and I am due...well...)

4 comments:

Justin and Jamie said...

Good luck! Props to you and taking down the wallpaper! That is a big job. Congrats on the house! That is very exciting. Well, good luck with the baby! Hopefully sooner than later!

rantipoler said...

Ugh, I absolutely DESPISE de-wallpapering. It truly is a nasty, nasty job. Yuck.

Emily said...

hang in there! when I was one day over due we ate at chili's, then I went into labor the next day! who knows?

Amy Rose said...

de-wall-papering is the worst, and I've never had to do it pregnant, props to you!!

That's so funny about the three Sarah's. What are the odds?