Thursday, May 7, 2009

Whoops!

Yesterday I was at work pushing the cart that I use as my portable classroom, since I teach in three different rooms. I had to walk down a ramp, and I noticed as I approached that it was wet, and thought to myself "be careful"! I thought I was being careful, but one foot slipped about two feet in front of the other before I caught myself. No biggie, right? But somehow in my pregnant condition, that was enough to totally pull a muscle! I've been limping around ever since! People probably just think it's the pregnancy waddle, but it's actually much more uncomfortable than that. I'm just hoping it heals before I go into labor.

Speaking of which, I had another Dr's appointment today and she told me that baby's about 6.5 lbs (not too big, thank goodness), and that her head is engaged in the pelvis! So she's positioned for exit, but when that exit will take place is still a BIG mystery...

5 comments:

Scott and Laura said...

Sorry to hear about the almost fall. Hope you feel better soon. And that is so exciting that you are so close to the end and that she is positioned just right. Yay for that!

Jon and Diana said...

I totally know how you feel. Once I slipped and fell at a KMart when I was pregnant. It's very traumatic and very painful. I hope you feel better soon.

peterfam said...

OH Sarah, I know exactly how you feel. I "almost slipped" a week before Caeli was born and walking became very difficult that last week. All your muscles are so stretched out already, so pulling a muscle hurts WAY more. I hope you can walk! Walking is really important!

Kendra said...

haha I love that! Not that I am laughing at your pain, because I am definitely not! I just love imagining it in my head... I hope it feels better soon though!!

Ashley Harris said...

Sarah, you are almost a mommy! I'm sorry to hear about the pulled muscle, it's pretty amazing how awkward and sensitive a pregnant body can be! Thanks for always commenting on my blog and I can't wait to see your baby!!!