Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We're back!

Please forgive my hiatus from the internet. With moving, taking care of a newborn and not having internet set up in our new place, I hope I have an excuse. Thanks to our neighbors for sharing their WiFi with us so that we can now return to the world! ;) The past week has been filled with amazing help from parents. Doug and Sue (Jon's parents) came to visit a couple days after my parents left, and they agree that Olivia is as sweet as can be. Chris (Jon's brother) also came down from New York for a couple days to meet his niece. Saturday was moving day and I mostly stayed out of the way. Olivia and I went to a baby shower for one of the Sarahs in the ward, while everyone else moved all our stuff to our new house. Saturday night we celebrated Sue's birthday, Sunday we celebrated Ward Conference, and Monday we tackled the challenge of unpacking. We aren't done, but we have made a lot of progress. Yesterday Jon went back to work and Doug and Sue returned to Texas leaving Olivia and I all by ourselves. We survived the day, but it was a little rough quitting relatives cold turkey like that. Anyway, I know the real reason you are checking my blog is to see pictures of Olivia, so without further adue...


three generations
this girl has a dimple on her right cheek like her aunt Diana



happy baby!



little caterpillar ready for bed



Livi's cute dress from aunt Maria
Mom and Livi after church on Sunday



Olivia with grandma Sue



Sleeping on grandpa Doug



Olivia likes to try to lift her head when I am burping her. This time she was moving it to the rhythm of my patting her back. She's our little bobble head. So cute!

4 comments:

Amy Rose said...

She is so cute! And it is definitely hard to quit relatives cold turkey!

Joe Haynie said...

Thanks for posting more pictures! I've been checking regularly (but being patient because I know you have a HUGE 24X7 job). She just gets more precious every day.

Brintons said...

Congratulations! I'm feeling a bit isolated as well, we just got to Rochester, MN and have had internet for about an hour now. I'm so excited to see pictures of your little angel baby! She's just perfectly beautiful!!! Congratulations to the proud parents! xoxo

Oddy said...

So cute! She already looks like you! And yes Emma and her have the same birthday. That's kind of fun. Congratulations!