Monday, September 28, 2009

A Family of Firstborns


Jon and I are both the oldest children in our respective families, and since Olivia is our first, we are currently a whole family of firstborns! I loved being the oldest child, but there are definitely parts I didn't love. (Stricter parents, more rules, being the guinea pig). We may not be able to do much about Olivia being the guinea pig...let's face it, we've never done the parent thing before. But I feel like as a firstborn myself, I will empathize with her position, and (hopefully) relax a bit with her, or at least be aware of how much she would appreciate it if I would relax.
That said, I think that learning about birth order is interesting (though I don't buy into all of the theories that go along with it).
Where do you fall in your family? Do you feel like it has impacted who you are?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should start a charity for 1st borns to help them recover from the emotional scars they received while growing up.

Dan and Merideth said...

And... She is first Grand baby on Johns side too; so thats SUPER cool!

I love the picture of your first born's family!!

the mapmaker's wife said...

I'm a firstborn too... and I'd say it has affected me.

Lacey said...

That's funny, Jake and I are both the oldest also. :)

Angelavon said...

haha...aaron and i are both first borns too. it makes for an interesting marriage dynamic:) luckily, he'll let me be right quite a bit! but let's face it, i am! hehe