I was thinking of another present I could give Sarah, and I thought to myself, "Self, when was the last time you wrote something on Sarah's blog?"
Well, today Sarah Lynn Leininger has completed another year of life. Falling in line with Haynie family tradition I'd like to leave Sarah a "Present of Mind." This year has been particularly meaningful to me because of the addition of a little baby to our lives. I feel that Sarah and I have grown closer than ever before because of the experiences we've had throughout the pregnancy, birth, and care of our little Olivia. There were many challenges that came with the pregnancy and we worked through them together. Sarah is patient and kind. I am a recipient of her love and sacrifice everyday. I love you honey!
All, feel free to leave your "Presents of Mind" as a comment to this post. Thank you.
6 comments:
this is a random memory but it does have a point at the end...in a zone meeting we had at the mtc we were playing some game and we all had to answer the question out of all the teachers 'who would you want to speak at your funeral?' almost everyone answered 'sarah'! it's because sarah is so easy to get along with and feel comfortable talking to about anything. she really listens and she is someone you can easily trust and love. sarah glows from the inside and out. she is one of the most honest and kind people i know. i also saw her in a spanish play and she was wonderful! :) happy birthday!
Sarah! Happy Birthday! Sarah, you have left a legacy of good waffles in my family that I have passed on to my sisters. Thank you for your good cooking 8 years ago when we were roommates. It still blesses my life today. (Just this past month I taught my sister how to make your waffles.) Thank you for being such a great friend. You truely influenced me in many more ways than just cooking. LOVE YOU!
Happy birthday Sarah, I hope you've had a great one. It was great to see you a couple of weeks ago, I wish we lived closer. As for presents of mind, where do I even start. Thanks for being a wonderful cousin, roomate and friend. I am so grateful for the time that we have spent together and the wonderful person that you are!! I love you!!! Have a wonderful day and another wonderful, exciting year of life!
Sarah, sorry I didn't call you on your birthday! I hope it was really good. I want to leave you a present of mind anyway.
I want to tell you that you are an amazing leader in my mind. Your righteousness and confidence are a big example to me. I am getting teary thinking about you! I love you so much, and I'm really glad we got the chance to get closer once i moved to Utah. I can't wait to see you at Christmas!
Love, Joy
Happy Birthday, Sarah! It's been so fun getting to know you more through your blog. I still remember the day you took me on a tour of BYU campus when I was trying to decide whether to go there... and learning about chocolate covered cinnamon bears.
Happy Birthday, Sarah. While we missed speaking with you on your birthday, I know that you were out having a great time with Jon, Olivia, Shane, Maria, and Brookie. And hopefully our recorded message wasn't too far out of tune.
We love you very much and hope/pray for another wonderful year for you and the rest of the Baltimore Leininger/Haynie's!!
Love,
Doug
Post a Comment