For about as long as I can remember, I have had long-ish fingernails. Partially because my nails grow so darned fast, and partly because of my insecurity about my fingers being fat (long nails, in my mind, would elongate the fingers). However, with long nails on the out, and nail polish back in, I decided to make a change. I'm pretty much over the fat fingers thing. Maybe it was just all in my head, and really, I'm a little less worried about what people think of my ands these days (who watches the "Man Hands" episode of Seinfeld anymore anyway...) I trimmed and painted, and voile! Something new.

Things I love:
*easier to type accurately
*a new look
*less likely to break a nail
Things I don't love:
*had to use a knife to peel an orange
*less effective back scratching capability
*can't pick Livi's nose anymore (come on, moms, you know you all do it...the babies can't pick their own noses and who
else is going to help them with that)
2 comments:
They look great! I also feel like my fingers look better with long nails. It's just so much easier to file them than cut them.
Haha. I totally pick Brookie's nose, even though she can do it for herself now (but I don't really want her to). Saying it sounds gross, but when it's your own kid it's just normal I guess.
Post a Comment