Monday, February 1, 2010

13 going on 30

Liz was my best friend when I was 13, living in Brazil, and trying to figure things out. We haven't seen each other forever, so when she and her little family recently moved to DC, I jumped on the chance to see her. They came over for dinner last night, and it was a blast to catch up, meet her husband Michael, and her sweet baby, Henry. In many ways, it was like old times, and in many others...it was nothing like old times. After all, we are now adults, married women, in fact, with babies for crying out loud. And we are dangerously nearing...(eek!) thirty!

Here's to how far we've come!


Halloween, 1994, I am pictured top, left as Cleopatra, and Liz is top right, as...a present.
(Also pictured, left to right...top row Joseph Haynie, Judd Kennedy, bottom row, Christy Haynie, Joy Haynie, Diana Haynie, Becca Warthen, Maria Haynie)



Jaunary, 2010, Me with Olivia, and Liz with Henry.

Thanks for coming, Liz, and thanks for all the middle school adventures!

1 comment:

Becca said...

that is an insane picture to look at! :) love the trip down memory lane