Friday, April 2, 2010

Project

I have been wanting new patio furniture for a long time since the stuff we inherited when we bought the house leaves much to be desired. I don't know if you have been shopping for patio furniture recently, but it is exPENsive! So when I saw some ratty old chairs outside Goodwill for $5 each, my imagination went wild, and thus began my first furniture re-finishing project. Here's how it all went down...

We started out with these beauties...

Then I pulled out the seats and backs to get the bare frame.

Here are the seats and backs, which I reupholstered, but sorry, no pic of the reupholstering.


Then I spray painted the chair frames white with rust-oleum indoor-outdoor paint.
Put them back together, and voile! There you have it!
I love how they turned out! The reupholstering was actually a lot easier than I anticipated, but the spray painting was harder. If you come over, don't look at them too closely! :)

Maybe I'll post a picture of all of them on the patio once the rest of the patio furniture is looking up to par.

**Also, Olivia is 10 MONTHS today! Check out new pic and stats on the sidebar!**

11 comments:

the mapmaker's wife said...

I love your new patio furniture! Very cute! Also a word to the wise- purchase patio furniture in the fall (after the season is over)... we got an excellent deal on a porch-type swing and a barbecue last fall.

Secondly or thirdly, it looks like Olivia has grown up a lot in this last month! :)

rantipoler said...

Cute chairs! We just bought a couple Adirondack chairs for our front porch - one lime green, one sky blue. :)

Keri Haynie said...

Those chairs look great. Nice job!

Em said...

This is a very heartening project, especially when you say it was relatively easy! (It seems like everything I touch ends up with a surprise in it to make it more difficult). Thanks for sharing!

peterfam said...

WOW. I am so impressed. They turned out great!

Joy said...

It looks so good! I am proud of your resourcefulness.

Summer Carlile said...

They turned out really cute!

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

Those are WAY cute! I love the material you chose!! Way to go!!

Meg said...

COOL chairs. I'll definitely come over and check them out in person. I love the pattern.

Steelman Co. said...

Sarah! These chairs are soooo cute! You are so creative! We need to get together and have a craft day!

Brintons said...

I love it! I'm getting way into "free-cycling" too...super fun!