Tuesday, June 8, 2010

10 Year Reunion

We took a trip to Michigan this past weekend for my 10 year high school reunion. It was a great trip, and the reunion was definitely an interesting experience (though I have to admit, not quite as awkward as I had anticipated.) We drove 6 hours to Akron, Ohio Thursday night, stayed there, and then drove up to Michigan on Friday morning. We went to Frankenmuth, a German town that I have always loved, visited with the Bergers (she was Young Women's president when I was a laurel), stayed a the Boling's house (and had a GREAT time!), saw the Howards, drove around Holly, had a get-together with HS friends at the Prechowski's house, went to the reunion, ate at Big Boy, and attended the Fenton Ward sacrament meeting. It was a wonderful whirl-wind trip, and I loved it. It still felt like home, even though I haven't been back in SIX years. Here is some photo documentation of the adventure.






3 comments:

Amy Rose said...

My parents loved Olivia. My mom said she was the sweetest baby. It's nice when going home feels good instead of awkward. I'm glad you had a nice time, and could stay with my parents!

peterfam said...

Sarah! We now live 1/2 hour east of Arkon. You'll have to stay with us sometime. We miss you tons and we now have sweet guest accomidations!

Joe Haynie said...

Your pictures of Frankenmuth and the one in front of our home in Holly bring back great memories.