Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutions

2011 is here, and life is changing for me in a big way. Read: mother of two. Babies. Yikes! People ask me how it is going, and I say, I have NO idea...I still have Jon home from work and my mom in town, which equals TONS of help. And I love it. But the true test will be when all the family goes home, and Jon goes back to work. Thankfully, that won't happen for another week and a half. I am so blessed.

I thought, though, that to make myself more accountable, I should share my New Years resolutions with you all. Feel free to check up on me.

#1- Train for and run a 10 K. I plan to do this in the spring/summer with my sister Diana & friend Stephanie, both of whom also just had babies. In preparation for this, I asked for (and received, THANKS honey...err, Santa) a TREAD MILL for Christmas! I am also on the hunt for a good double jogging stroller, but it has proved difficult because I have the world's smallest trunk, and I'm not quite ready to upgrade to a mini-van. Anyone know of a super compact, affordable double jogger? Anyway, 10 K, here I come. Did I mention I am not a runner?

#2- Don't miss a day of Scripture study. I think this will keep me sane, and keep the blessings coming.

#3- Learn to be a mother of two. This is going to require patience, organization, and a lot of other things I'm sure I don't know about yet. But some of my plans are: make sure I have plenty of diaper changing supplies on all three levels of our house, shower at night when Jon is home, keep making freezer meals on occasion, and use my slow cooker often, and help Anna learn to SLEEP! Other suggestions are welcome!

That's it for me. Happy New Year! May it be blessed!

3 comments:

Jen Holtkamp said...

those are great goals sarah! will you be doing a weekly planning session to evaluate those goals? :)

M said...

Best of luck with the running! It makes two children more manageable for me...emotionally at least.

For what it's worth, you might consider running early in the morning when you don't have to take the kids. Double strollers aren't much fun. I only mention it because you say you're not a runner...it might be easier without the tons of extra weight to push. Sorry if that's unsolicited advice, it just made a big difference for me!

Lacey said...

Good luck! You can do it! My double stroller is a Phil & Teds Sport. It's not really affordable but definitely compact & the best purchase we've made. The baby can lay flat & Olivia can ride in front then when the baby gets old enough you move the front seat to the back and they both sit upright. I love mine! I wouldn't be able to run without it. Hope you find one you love!