Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Princess Potty

I currently find myself with a clean house and two sleeping children. A rarity, obviously, as noted by my lack of posting. And while there are piles of laundry I could attack, I would much rather blog.

Today I took Olivia to Target and we picked out her very own potty chair. I in no way did this intending to potty train her now. I just wanted to get her used to having it around. When we got home and opened the box, she sat down on it, and without much dialogue from me on its purpose, started saying "pee pee...poo poo". And then she said "poo poo" again and went "poo poo" right on the potty. Of course, she was wearing her diaper, but still. I was very impressed. So what do you think, moms? Should I go for it now, or wait awhile longer?

3 comments:

Lacey said...

If she's into it, I say go for it now! It's so nice having only one in diapers. :) Good luck!

Linsay Mabey said...

Go for it! If it doesn't work out you can stop and try again later, but definitely give it a shot.

chadnsyd said...

I know, I'm a little too late to leave a comment, I vote WAIT!!!!! I'm a huge fan of waiting until baby siblings have grown up a little bit before potty training. I like to make sure I have the patience and love that we need to get through potty training. Seriously, I would wait, unless she's already really trained, just put that little sweetheart in diapers and wait wait wait until you're ALL ready. I just potty trained Brandon 3.75 years and he did it in a day and has been a perfect pottier and I didn't get mad once. I feel like I missed a great year with Tyler from potty training him too early and being really grouchy with him. Good luck, if you're already there, she'll probably be just great! Love you, Syd