Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Flattered

The Sweetheart's Dance is coming up at Timpanogos High School. And RJ (student in my Theatre History class) just turned 16. He's pretty excited about it, and I think that the excitement somehow impaired his ability to reason...or maybe that's just part of being 16. Either way, the other day in class, he turned to me with hopeful look on his face and said "Miss Haynie, will you go to Sweetheart's with me?" I couldn't help myself...I started to laugh. Partly because it caught me off guard and partly because, I figure if I think he's joking, he saves face when I say "Absolutely not RJ!" Hmmm...did I do right? Either way, I was amused, and slightly flattered.

2 comments:

rantipoler said...

Hey - I found your blog!! :) Poor kid. I'm sure he'll get over it. Eventually. :P

Vanessa Swenson said...

That's a cute story.
You're still writing! I didn't realize this. I'm gonna check your blog, now
:D