Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tender

Today was my last day with my Theatre History (Drama 2) class. Agnes (my cooperating teacher) had the kids make me Christmas/Going Away cards.

RJ (see previous post) handed me one in the shape of a heart that said
"You are the Best Teacher Ever. Miss you allready! Tear Drop -RJ (Ryan Jenson)"
(original spelling preserved). It made me smile.

A few other gems, for your entertainment...

Dear Miss Haynie I will miss you, you are really cool.
-Jonny

From the moment I first saw you I was in love! I'm saddened with you leaving. If only I could express myself with words.
-Jonny (hmmm...I have a sneaky suspicion that Jonny didn't really write that one...)

¡Feliz Navidad! You are my favorite teacher! Just to let you know, You have WAY cute clothes...anywho, I hope you have an amazing time in graduate school and whatnot. A last word of advice: if you suddenly sprout wings and find yourself flying, you're probably half-bird.
heart, Mckall

Miss Haynie! You're my favorite! I'm going to miss you like sugar-free chocolate misses sugar! I heart you!
heart, Kristen

Good luck with directing the short play. you rock
Sam

Thanks for teaching us. You made the class fun. Hope you visit. (It'll be boring without you) Merry Christmas
Daniel

Miss Haynie~
You are the best teacher in the whole world! I loved having you teach 2 of my classes. You are so nice, and you always have way cute clothes. I always had fun in drama and I loved the fun lessons that we had. I hope you can come visit our class a bunch. Thank you!
~Olivia

We will miss you soo much Ms. Haynie
Have a verry Marry Crismas (crossed out) Christmas
And a Happy New Years
heart/ Amanda

Ms. Haynie,
Thank you! You're the very best! Good luck!
Love, (heart)
Kieri
Come back and teach me Spanish!

We Will Miss You!!!
Thank you soooo much...Please stay!
BYE!!
Jake

...they almost made me want to.

I saved the best for last...written on the board when they left was

"Miss Haynie es de Lope!"

(ok, so that's only the best if you're a Spanish Golden Age nerd like me)

In spite of all my rejoicing to be done, I think I'm going to miss student teaching just a little...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh- that made me miss them too. I just signed up for sub teaching. How are ya? go see my blog.

keri
www.keriberiannedyerweb.blogspot.com

Bekah said...

Hey Sarah!! How are you doing? I love your super cute letters!! Hows everything going for you? Are youb still in Utah? Kyle and my blogsite is bkparedes.blogspot.com... talk to you soon!!

Vanessa Swenson said...

These are so funny! How did I miss this blog entry? It killed me!