Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Poemas de amor...

For Valentines day, I read Spanish love poetry to my Spanish II students, and then had them write their own love poems. Some of them were just too good not to share. (And when I say "good", I mean...well, I'll just let you figure out what I mean.)

note: original spelling, punctuation, accentuation, etc. has been preserved.

Let's start off with a classic.

Roses are rojo
Violets are azul
I want you to have my corazon
and my corazon wants you too

(When I asked this student if his poem was written in Spanish, he thought about it for a minutes, and then said, "Oh! I guess not. I guess I wrote it in Spanglish")

And now for a couple of "what the?" poems.

Yo quiero ser conmigo.
Tu y yo por aqui.
Me gusta tu.
Yo quiero ver conmigo.

and

tu terminar vida
y felicidad para ahora
pero soon tu real!

An opposite- of-love poem...

Tu eres feo.
Te tiras peos.
Te odio.

This one just makes me smile.

Mi amor, mi amor para tu es muy Grande!
Te amo mas que las estrayas!
Yo digo "me casa es su casa!"
Si mi amor, si.

This one was...not bad.

Tus ojos azules
Son las estrellas en mi cielo
y mi amor para ti
es la luz de la luna
buena noche, lindo.

And this one was cute...though we might need to work on the number and gender thing...

Cuando yo miro tu, yo miro un perfecto chica.
Con perfecto ojos
Con perfecto pelo
Con perfecto labios
Cuando yo miro tu, yo miro un perfecto cerebro
Con perfecto ideas
Con perfecto creencias
Cuando yo miro tu, yo miro un perfecto actitud
Con perfecto encanto
Con perfecto aclamar
Cuando yo miro tu,
yo miro un perfecto,
tu.

And finally...

Yo odio tu pelo
No me gustan tus ojos,
No me encanta tu boca,
Me das asco,
pero yo tengo un problemo
no puedo vivir sin ti.


I swear I teach them correct grammar, spelling, accentuation, etc. Obviously we need more practice.

5 comments:

Amy Rose said...

I remember we had the same assignment in my high school Spanish class... I loved reading those, thanks for sharing!

Vanessa Swenson said...

Those are excellent. I love teaching language classes.
Em uma oração de um estudante:
"Pai, abraças nossas mentes."
Love poetry! What a wonderful idea.

Mi mundito said...

That was great! Thank you for sharing those lovely excerpts. :)

Jen Holtkamp said...

ja, ja, those are great, reminds me of the mtc!

Jon and Diana said...

I loved them.. all of them! they made me smile!