Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Talk About Productive

Tuesday was one of my most productive days yet. I started out by waking up early, reading my scriptures, making breakfast and heading to the bank before arriving early at work and getting some planning done. I taught my class and then headed home. I planned next week's joint activity and sent out emails to coordinate with those who will be helping. Then I made a batch of homemade bread, cleaned the kitchen, made some tortilla soup from scratch, and made chocolate-dipped strawberries and chocolate-walnut clusters. When Jon came home, we had dinner, washed the dishes, read scriptures together, and then I headed out to pick up my visiting teaching companion and visit one of our sisters. After our appointment, my companion and I drove by the house we made an offer on so that she could see it, and then I dropped her off at home. I headed to JoAnn Fabrics to pick up some things for projects I am working on and got home in time to watch the movie that had come in the mail from Netflix with my honey.

And that's not all!

I was even so productive as to quit watching the movie half-way through so that I could writhe on the floor in pain until Jon took me to the hospital where I was examined and given morphine, which barely took the edge off the torture of kidney stones. I stayed there for about 15 hours, during which time I eventually passed the stones (hopefully all of them!) and even managed to throw up every time I moved from my bed to go to the bathroom.

What did you do yesterday?

10 comments:

Summer Carlile said...

I am so sorry to hear that you had kidney stones, I heard they are worse than delivering a child. So the good news I guess is that you have endured more pain now then when you will deliver.

peterfam said...

OHHHH, that is horrible! I am so sorry! Giving birth to kidney stones is not nearly as rewarding as giving birth to a baby. Were the Kidney stones somehow related to the pregnancy? I hope you dont get any more. We're cheering you on!

M said...

Ah yuck...I had kidney stones with my first (apparently they're a somewhat common pregnancy side effect). But it was after she was born. 6 days, to be exact. Just long enough for them to think I might be dying of peritonitis. So, though the stones suck, at least you got them over with now and not later when you'd be (even more) scared to death by the pain.

I can't compare the two kinds of pain....for me with the kidney stones, the drugs knocked me out, I woke up and was fine. That was way easier than childbirth. The baby incentive was worth it though...I'd rather do (unmedicated) labor again than kidney stones.

stephanielynn said...

That's terrible, Sar! I hope you're feeling better.

Jen Holtkamp said...

wow that is crazy! i hope you're feeling better now! you amaze me sarah, i can't believe you're doing all that while 2 months away from giving birth. i think i will be the laziest pregnant lady.

Maria said...

Wow, you are productive. At least you got to come home from the hospital to fresh bread and planned lessons. =)

Sarah said...

haha...I am normally the epitome of a lazy pregnant lady...it was just funny to me that a day when I actually felt good and got things done ended up how it did...maybe that was my body's way of telling me to stop working so hard. :)

Anonymous said...

We all hope you're doing better today. Can't believe you had to deal with that kind of pain on top of being pregnant. Try to take it easy today!

Emily said...

wow, first of all, what a productive day! second of all I'M SO SORRY! yikes! I hope you are feeling better! I can't even imagine! hang in there Sarah!

Oddy said...

Ouch! I don't think I've ever accomplished that much in one day.