We spent the afternoon getting the house ready for a party at our place that we co-hosted with our neighbors and good friends, the Tholen's. I thought it looked pretty good all decked out for Halloween!
The party was a blast. We invited members of our playgroups, and the kids were so adorable. The adults had a lot of fun too.
We dressed in a jungle-safari theme. Olivia was a giraffe, I was a monkey, and Jon was a lion. I would have hoped that the costumes would speak for themselves, but unfortunately, some people expressed confusion. I'll try to do better next year...
Olivia and her little BF Gardner were both Giraffes. Here they are with their dads.
The Tholen's were the whole crew from Scooby Doo...
The Ellison's.
Olivia the Giraffe.
Trick-or-Treating. Olivia got a whole bucket of candy for mom and dad! Thanks Livi-girl!
We had a slight mishap in our kitchen with the extra dry-ice from homemade root beer. It all evaporated eventually. :)
PS Olivia is 5 months old today. "Five month" picture and stats on the sidebar to come.
4 comments:
From the photo I got the giraffe (very cute) and the lion right away, but I appreciated the help identifying the monkey (i.e. no visible tail, ears could have been a bear or a mouse, and the face was just too pretty). The dry ice "mishap" looks like it added a bit of a spooky ambiance to your party. Looks fun. Wish we'd been there!
Haha that is quite a scene in the kitchen! I think your Halloween costumes looked great! :) And, haha, I know it's not a competition, but I thought Olivia's giraffe was cuter. :) Her's only had one head—hers. I think it's interesting how all the costumes these days have their own heads, but then the kids' heads poke through, so they have two heads. It's still super cute, but two heads?
I think you guys look great!!
The dry ice in your kitchen reminded me of branch Halloween parties in Brasil when they would try to make root beer with dry ice. YUM!!
What a fun Halloween party...wish we lived closer! ;) Wow, that dry ice in the kitchen is crazy, hope it didn't leave a mark on your floor. I totally know what your costumes were, you didn't have to tell me! This reminded me of huge party we had at our BYU apartment for Valentine's day...crazy!
Post a Comment