Monday, February 1, 2010

Kitchen Makeover

When we were madly dashing to get our house painted before Olivia was born, I wanted to paint the kitchen red. I bought paint, put it on the wall, and hated it. So, I painted the kitchen green instead. Turns out the green never inspired me. I never got around to decorating. And I eventually decided that I did in fact, want a red kitchen. I just had to be more careful when choosing which red. So here you have it...my most recent kitchen makeover...

BEFORE

DURING





AFTER

Clearly, the red inspired me a bit more than the green did. The last thing I am thinking about doing is painting the wood trim on the cabinets cream to match the rest of them (the cream part is laminate, and un-paintable) and then maybe adding black handles...what so you think? I was planning on painting them for sure, but once the kitchen was red, I didn't hate the cabinets as much. Opinions, please!!

7 comments:

stephanielynn said...

Looks great, Sar! I like the idea of painting the trim and adding black handles. I vote yes!

Amy North said...

alright, this is gonna be big. Ready? I LOVE the red, fabulous choice. And I love the decorations, too. Why not paint the cabinet trim black, if you're already planning to do black handles? it seems like painting the trim cream would lose all the angles and lines of the cabinetry. I don't know for sure if black would work, but I think it would be better than all cream, especially in your red kitchen. Also, I love how the pictures of Livi on the sidebar show her growth spurts--fat, long, fat, long, fat, long. It's awesome. :) Don't you love how babies grow?

Sarah said...

Haha...yeah, Liv does seem to gain weight one month, and then grow longer the next. I have actually considered painting the trim black, but I am a little concerned about doing something that would work with my kitchen now, but maybe not be appealing when we go to re-sell (since we definitely won't be here forever). That said, since you are the second person to suggest it, maybe I'll bring it back for further consideration. :)

Amy North said...

in all honesty, i try not to worry too much about "re-sell value." You JUST bought the place and moved in, I say make it yours however you want. Paint is a super easy thing for people to overlook, anyways, cause it's a cheap fix. just worry about what YOU guys want to do. :)

Maria said...

It looks great!

Summer Carlile said...

I love it!

Doug said...

I love Livi's pictures...and the kitchen looks wonderful!!!! I love the color!