The cooking, crafting and mothering adventures of a former world traveler.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Mom Scare
I had my first big mom scare today. I was sitting on the floor next to Olivia while she rolled, scooted, and played. She was on her back when she suddenly started choking, face turning red, etc. I picked her up and started patting her back, thinking she had probably taken a bite of the magazine nearby. When she kept choking, I stuck my finger in her mouth to see if anything was in there, and felt something. I assumed it was paper, but when I pulled it out, it was a huge staple. She gagged and threw up a little bit in my hand, and we went into the bathroom where I swiped out her mouth again to make sure there was nothing else in there. Thankfully she was fine, but it scared me to death! I think it was a staple that had fallen out of the bottom of our couch, but I really have no idea how she got it in her mouth. I am SO glad I was able to get it out before she really choked, or swallowed it! I try so hard to keep anything dangerous away from her, and somehow she found the one dangerous thing I had no idea was even there. So thankful she's okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yikes! That sounds a bit scary.
Wow, that is SO scary. We are so glad she is safe. I am sure angels are watching over her! She is so adorable!
I am so glad you were able to get it out of her mouth, that is really scary! It is so hard to make sure you always have everything dangerous, especially when things happen like staples falling out of couches. One more thing I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for!
The first time Joshua choked on a cheerio I freaked and hit him REALLY hard on the back. It came flying out and he started crying. Cool thing was that he was okay, not cool thing was that I was at mother's group in a new ward for the first time. I'm pretty sure they all thought I was a psycho mom. But seriously, choking is really scary. You do everything really fast to make your baby okay. Good job, and I'm glad she didn't swallow it. That could have been really bad.
Hero mom saves beautiful baby!
Post a Comment