and I'm ready! Since I don't know when this baby is going to arrive, I have made it a point to be READY for Christmas. I've got gifts purchased, wrapped, and sent off where applicable. We have our decorations up, the stocking-stuffers are sorted and in labeled bags, ready to be "stuffed", the Christmas cookie dough is made and in the freezer, ready to be baked before we deliver them, we've made our gingerbread house, our rice krispie treats, and have been reading a scripture from the advent calendar (and eating the accompanying chocolate, of course) each night. Last night, Jon even did us a favor, and ate up all the chocolate we missed...5 pieces in all, he said. Thanks, honey! ;) Olivia's Christmas pictures have been taken, though she's not smiling in a single one (thanks, JC Penny picture lady!) and we even have some gifts for baby sister.
Speaking of whom... the hospital bag is packed, complete with a gift for Olivia when she comes to the hospital, chocolates for the doctors and nurses, to buy their love, of course, and some good, long, chick-flicks, just in case this labor is as looooong as Olivia's.
As of last night, I am done teaching for the semester, so no more commitments there, and I'm finally starting to kick this cold.
I even (finally) finished Olivia's baby book!
So with all of that preparation complete, I'm not sure what this baby is waiting for. I realize that my due date is 1.5 weeks away, but with the level of discomfort I am feeling, I really wouldn't mind her coming, say, now-ish?
Maybe she's still waiting for us to pick out a name for her. I guess we should get on that.
2 comments:
Sar! I'm impressed with your preparation. I haven't started anything.
And I'm excited to see pics of #2!
Love you!
You are hot stuff!! I hope you are putting your feet up on the couch, comfy blanket, good book, chocolate, and some good relaxation. Oh wait, Olivia what? Ha ha, good job getting everything done!!
Post a Comment