Friday, January 30, 2009

Reverting?

Since I have kind of made puking a theme of this blog, I couldn't leave this story out. As faithful readers will know, I have been feeling GREAT lately. No puking for at least a month. School was canceled again on Wednesday because of icy roads (they really were icy) as was mutual, so Jon and I had Wednesday night free! We decided to spend some time playing dicey, one of our favorite games, and reading the John Grisham novel we recently started together. I thought that hot chocolate would be a good addition to our evening, so I made up two mugs, set Jon's on the coffee table, and sat sipping mine while I waited for him to find something in the kitchen. It was really good hot chocolate, and I soon realized that mine was almost gone, while Jon's mug remained untouched. I decided to play a little trick on him, and switch my nearly-empty mug for his full one. I did so, and started casually sipping his when he walked back into the room. For some reason, my lack of sneakiness, or guilty conscience set me off, and I started laughing. Jon didn't notice the hot chocolate switcharoo, and just looked at me like something might be wrong. The only problem was, I still had a mouth full of hot chocolate, and I ended up spitting half of it on my new Shopoholic & Baby book before running to the kitchen to spit the rest out in the sink. Somewhere along the line, all the laughing and spitting and choking made me gag, and while I was still laughing, I found that my gag reflex is in fact still set to high. I lost the entirety of my dinner (and after-dinner snack, and delicious hot chocolate that we had to personally import from Utah) in the kitchen sink. Without going into detail, I will say that the toilet is far superior to the kitchen sink for throwing up. However, I imagine that the kitchen sink (complete with garbage disposal) is superior to, say, a bathroom sink. When the whole ordeal was over, Jon was in concerned husband mode, but I was still laughing (and had to explain exactly what had been so funny). Jon didn't seem to want his hot chocolate after that. I can't imagine why not...

And for a belly update, here's a photo taken yesterday, at 23 weeks. Which is officially 6 months. And I think my belly is starting to catch up with me.

9 comments:

Amy Rose said...

What a sad hot chocolate tragedy!

Your belly is so cute!!

Amy North said...

Oh honey, I'm sorry! The gag reflex is a tricky one. Watch out when you brush your teeth, too. :) Your belly is looking adorable! Hooray!

Crystal said...

you look so cute! I miss you tons and love seeing what's up on this blog.

Sarah said...

Yeah, I used to throw up religiously every time I brushed my teeth. If I miraculously escaped doing so, we would hold a party. Things have been better lately, but I still definitely have to be careful.

Jon and Diana said...

You are a fabulous story teller. I laughed outloud reading this puke story. My worst puke moment while prego with Josh was when I was taking a shower, the hot water ran out, I slipped and fell, then puked. SO Gross then, but I laugh now.

Mimi Collett said...

That is way sad, but you look great! And I can personally testify that kitchen sinks are no good for throwing up. After you do, you then have to some how scoop it out, because it does not go down. At least, mine didn't. So sigh. No good.

Maria said...

Haha, I'm going to pee my pants. And you're getting fat! In the best possible way. =)

Vanessa Swenson said...

That was the funniest puking story I've heard in a long, long while. Losing the hot cocoa is sad. Ahh, but what a great story.

Emily said...

Hi Sarah! Thanks for your comment a couple weeks ago. You are so cute pregnant! congrats on reaching the 6th month mark!