Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sugar and Spice

Now that you've gotten over the initial shock, I'll go ahead a say a little more. We are SO excited to be having a little girl! I think we both knew it would be a girl long before the confirmation at the ultrasound, but it was SO fun to see her in there moving around like a real little person. I think she's totally adorable despite any alien/jack-o-lantern-esque features she may have due to her extremely young age. The technician at the ultrasound said, and I quote, "This is a WILD baby!". My doctor said the same thing while searching for the heartbeat at my appointment a few hours earlier. She's a little mover and a shaker. I have even started to feel her move, which is so much fun. I have to say that these new evidences of pregnancy are much more pleasant than the earlier manifestations (though I must admit that I'm not fully over the sick phase yet...maybe by the third trimester).

Here she is, mouth wide open, giving a shout out to mom and dad.

Here are the "It's a girl!" flowers Jon brought me.

And finally, a belly picture. I have really just started showing in the last few weeks, and it's really fun to look pregnant. I feel validated, or something like that.
Not the world's BEST picture, but since when have I been vain about the pictures I post of myself on this blog?

5 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

I completely agree about the feeling validated by having a baby belly! I was so impatient to start showing, so that I would have proof or something other than just feeling sick. :)

stephanielynn said...

Aaahhh! Congrats, Sar! I'm so excited for you. Oh, and OF COURSE you're having a girl:) Love you!

rantipoler said...

Congrats! How fun! :)

peterfam said...

Congratulations!!! WE LOVE having girls! Yay! They make great babysitters and are as the oldest are typically quite responsible. How exciting, besides they are fun to dress up.

The Pollock Family said...

Oh my gosh!! Baby! I am so excited for you. Yeah we moved to CA for Jared's school. He should be done in 1 1/2 years and we will probably end up in Utah again. I am sorry I missed you but I am glad you found my blog!!