Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Nation's Capital

We also visited D.C. proper. Our feet (especially my swollen ones) had had it by the end of the day, but we had a great time and saw lots of cool monuments, and a little bit of cool museum. We'll have to go back again soon. (At least, Jon and I will...)
I swear that's the White House behind my dad's hat. :)



Joy, Christy and Rachel playing by the fountain at the WWII memorial.




There was a convention of Lincoln presenters from around the nation at the Lincoln memorial when we visited. Pretty sweet.



Mr. Lincoln himself.




View of the Washington Monument from the Lincoln memorial.




Sisters with...not cherry blossoms. But pretty blossoms nonetheless.

3 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

Yay for when family comes to visit! It looks like a super fun trip. :) And I'm glad you had what looks like such great weather!

Vagabond Mother said...

It looks so gorgeous there right now. Your a trooper to do so much in your last trimester. I went to D.C. as a teenager, and there's a lot of walking! Everything is so spread out.

Jen Holtkamp said...

nice pics! i had not idea an abe lincoln convention was going on or we would have gone! :)