Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sarah's Pasta Primavera

Awhile back I shared my hidden talent for making soup from scratch. I would also like to confess that I create pasta dishes on a regular basis. Today, I stumbled across a good one...as in, it's a no-meat pasta, and my carnivorous husband said that it was his favorite pasta dish ever. I'll let you decide.

8 oz of your favorite pasta (I used bow-ties)
one baby yellow squash (sliced and halved)
half a red onion (chopped)
about 2/3 a cup white mushrooms (sliced)
one small tomato (chopped)
2 Tb. cream cheese
one fresh lime
salt, pepper, basil & thyme
olive oil

1. cook the pasta
2. lightly saute squash, onions and mushrooms in olive oil (the squash should maintain the slightest crispness)
3. drain pasta & place in serving bowl
4. add sauteed veggies
5. add fresh tomatoes (do not cook)
6.season with salt, pepper, basil and thyme and stir well
7. add cream cheese and stir until all ingredients are mixed and cream cheese is melted
8. serve with fresh lime and salt and pepper to taste

This is SUPER easy and very tasty. It's light, and perfect for the end of a hot day. (It's been in the 90's here...and it's still April.)

While I'm at it, I'll tell you about the delicious Frozen Strawberry Lemonade I made to cool myself down tonight.

1. Toss frozen strawberries in the blender
2. Add lemonade (I used pink lemonade...use whatever you have)
3. Add sugar to taste
4. Blend the heck out of it
5. Sip to cool perfection

Happy eating!

2 comments:

peterfam said...

Sarah! I am so sorry I missed your baby shower! I have the bad habit of not checking the mail regularly, and didnt actually check my mail until monday... We were out of town anyway. We took John's parents up to palmyra. Hope you had a great time!

peterfam said...

PS Thanks for thinking of me! We need to get together agian soon!