Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What the?!

Today I was sending an email when I suddenly heard a loud clanking sort of noise. I jumped up to see what was going on, and realized that the sound was coming from the laundry room. When I flipped on the light, I was surprised to see water dripping from the light fixture onto the dryer. My fear of electrocution caused me to turn the light off quickly, but it wasn't dark enough to keep me from seeing the dripping turn into a full on spraying. Water from the light???
I called maintenance right away and apparently the washing machine upstairs was leaking and went through their floor and our ceiling. But the exact location was very odd... when I say it was coming from the light, I really mean it. It wasn't just coming from that general area...the light bulb cover was actually full of water and it was spraying from the fixture. Hmm.

2 comments:

Amy Rose said...

That is so strange! I would have been freakin out!

Mimi Collett said...

I've had that happen, too! I was terrified to see it coming out of the light fixture. Ours was in the bathroom. Apparently there was a leaky tub above us.