Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lemon Garlic Linguine with Shrimp

I was in the mood for something fresh yesterday, and ended up inventing a pasta dish that was absolutely delicious!! I thought I would share...

This is not an actual picture of MY linguine. I didn't take one. But this looks pretty close.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb linguine
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 small onion, grated
1 medium tomato, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C fresh basil, chopped
12-15 medium shrimp
1/4 C lemon juice
1/4 C water
1/2 stick butter
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook linguine until al dente. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet or wok and saute garlic in butter. Add shrimp and saute until pink. Add grated zucchini and onion and cook until tender. Add lemon juice and water, and stir until the liquids form a light sauce. Strain cooked pasta and add to skillet along with chopped tomato and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss. Serve hot, with lemon wedges if desired.

This was seriously the perfect summer pasta! Jon said he likes it even more than my pasta primavera, and that's saying something (since pasta primavera has been his standing favorite since I created it a year ago). You should definitely try this. And if you're not a shrimp person, it would also be a great vegetarian dish. Yum!

1 comment:

Joy said...

That looks totally delicious. I will just have to convince mom and dad to make it... or let me make it or something!