The next day it was rainy, but Jon and I headed out for some exploring. We decided to skip the park (we'd been there before and the rain was making it rather damp) and do some window shopping instead. We checked out Bloomingdale's and FAO Schwartz. We (not surprisingly) had the most fun at FAO Schwartz, and especially enjoyed the huge Lego sculptures,
We even made a quick stop at the m&m store.
We had some New York pizza for lunch and then headed to the Gershwin theatre to see Wicked! It was Jon's second time around, but my first, and we both REALLY enjoyed it.
(who let me know she was also enjoying the show by dancing around in my belly during the entire thing).
I also found out that being obviously pregnant has its major advantages. At intermission I asked an usher where to find the nearest restroom, and she said, "It's that way" but then after looking at me for a second, she added "but there'll be a long wait. Just get in the elevator there, push two, and then go through the second door on your left." Hmm. We followed her directions, and when we got there, the second door on the left was completely unmarked. It looked like a stage door or something, but Jon thought I should try it anyway. I did, and what did I find but a large, empty, clean bathroom, just for me. Pretty awesome.
After the show, we met up with Chris in Chinatown and had some amazing soup dumplings and scalion pancakes at a hole-in-the-wall place with a 30 minute wait (and apparently we were very lucky that it was so short). They actually sat us at a table with several other people. It was a new experience. And a very delicious one. It was really fun to hang out with Chris, and have a guide with us who knew the good tricks to getting around and where to eat, etc.
Sunday morning we went to Church with Lindsay and Nate, and had wonderful Easter meetings and then came back to their apartment and made Easter dinner together.
2 comments:
How fun! I STILL have never been to NYC. So jealous that the family is all going there tomorrow, and MORE jealous that they're going to visit you!
you look great sarah! we just got back from nyc and i was shocked how big and crazy it is!
Post a Comment